• TRULY DESIRABLE AND EXCEPTIONAL LEVEL VILLAGE PLOT WITH FULL PLANNING PERMISSION FOR A MODERN HOME
ON A MATURE ESTABLISHED SITE
• THE PLOT ENJOYS OPEN VIEWS TO THE SOUTH AND EAST ACROSS LAMLASH BAY TOWARDS THE HOLY ISLE,
THE FIRTH OF CLYDE AND BEYOND
• CENTRAL VILLAGE LOCATION
• FULLY SERVICED PLOT
• HIGHLY RESPECTED LOCAL CONTRACTOR IN PLACE WITH COMPLETION 2022 (SUBJECT TO ANY DESIGN CHANGES)
Located in the highly regarded village of Lamlash on the southeast coast of the Isle of Arran.
Formerly the site of a substantial bungalow the ground has been divided into two plots and it is Plot 1, at just over 1/3 acre, that is offered for sale.
Fir Trees is situated centrally within the village behind a sandstone wall, bounded by a natural stone wall, hedges and mature planting. The rear gardens enjoy a protected climate as can be seen by the abundant mature shrubs, trees and planting. Open green space across the A841 giving access to the shore.
The property will enjoy direct level access to all that Arran has to offer whether on foot, by bus, bike or even boat.
The design is for a contemporary 4 bedroomed home with:
• Multiple bathrooms
• Master dressing room
• Open plan living with an additional snug / office or 5th bedroom
• Upper floor access to three terraces to enjoy the morning, afternoon and evening sun and of course the panoramic views of the Bay and beyond
• A contemporary palette of whites and greys with a mixture of stone cladding, weatherboard and white render
• The home is resource efficient embracing modern technology with large areas of glass to allow natural light to flood in and solar gain. Renewable energy heating and lighting scheme
• The plot also has permitted development in the back garden for an additional 30m sq. - for example a garden room or garage - which could be erected with the relevant planning approval
Lamlash, Isle of Arran
One of Arran’s most desirable villages. Home to the cottage hospital, medical group, council offices, dental practice, police, coastguard and lifeboats stations. An 18-hole golf course, bowling green, tennis courts, Arran Yacht Club with associated facilities and Coast…and all within walking distance.
Local amenities include a variety of hotels, bars and eateries, a chemist, Co operative with internal post office and a variety of smaller shops and a garage.
Access the Forestry walks, Coastal Path and Cycle routes, sea… all from your doorstep.
The retention of the sandstone wall and pillars give a sense of arrival, we’re home..., private yet accessible to all that this wonderful island has to offer.
An incredible place to call home, enjoying stunning varied scenery; world renowned walks, or just a meander, clean waters for sailing, cold water swimming, kayaking; ancient stones, atmospheric glens; 7 golf courses; our wildlife, do not be surprised to see an otter utilising your driveway; and, as the past 18 months have shown our communities, at the heart of Arran. We cannot recommend it enough.
Full planning permission
details can be sought online at
PLOT 1 :1546m2
These particulars are intended to give a fair description of the property but their accuracy cannot be guaranteed, and they do not constitute an offer of contract. Intending purchasers must rely on their own inspection of the property. None of the above appliances/services have been tested by ourselves. We recommend purchasers arrange for a qualified person to check all appliances/services before legal commitment.